School Family Worker
Samantha Field is our School Family Worker and Safeguarding Lead. She will be at Creswick during the school day, term time.
Her role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. She can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. Samantha is also here as someone to talk to if you need it.
She can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit you. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. Samantha may not have all the answers, but hopefully she can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes towards learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as Housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms eg housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school.
If you would like to come along and see Samantha, please speak to your class teacher or leave a message with the school office and she will call you. Samantha can be contacted directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. or 07831 991550